Welcome to Support Services in England
Our five regionally based Support Services teams are led by Mike McKevitt (pictured right) National Services and Development Manager for England.
- SUPPORT people affected by lung disease through the individual challenges they will face
- HELP people understand their condition
- Work for positive CHANGE in lung health
We provide direct support to people with lung disease their families, friends and carers and we do this primarily through our network of Breathe Easy groups which:
- provide mutual support to members – for all people with lung disease, their family, friends and carers, from all sections of the community
- provide information and education to members, and which
- raise awareness locally
Working with our colleagues in the National Projects team we can link you with a variety of sources of help including our Helpline, Web forum, BLF Nurses, and pen pals. We also have access to a comprehensive library of publications.
We want to ensure that the very best health services are commissioned for people with a lung disease as close to their homes as possible. So we work with our members to influence Clinical Commissioning Groups and ensure that the patient voice is clearly heard when services are being commissioned.