Hello and welcome to British Lung Foundation Wales.
As a country, Wales has a proud and rich industrial heritage. It is characterised by the spirit of its people and the togetherness of its communities. Wales does, however, suffer disproportionately from lung disease; with 1 in 5 people having some form of diagnosed lung condition. That’s where we come in.
The British Lung Foundation Wales was established in 2005. We work for those 1 in 5 people in Wales and their families.
This is how we do it:
- We support people who have a lung disease, and their families and carers
- We raise awareness of lung disease at community and national level
- We campaign to make lung disease a national priority in Wales
- We work with other organisations, such as voluntary groups, the NHS, and National Assembly for Wales, to improve services across Wales.
Did you know in Wales?
- Lung disease is the second most common long term condition
- Around one in five people have some form of diagnosed lung condition
- Lung disease is the third biggest killer
People with poor lung health are always at the heart of all that we do. Not only do we fight for them, we offer them support through our Breathe Easy groups. We have established 23 across Wales, and they are open to anyone with a lung condition and their carers, who are seeking friendship and support. You can find more information on starting or joining a group in your Breathe Easy section. You can use our postcode search facility to find groups and events in your area, or you can call our office direct on 01792 455 764.
That’s how we can help you. You can help to support our work by donating to the BLF Wales.
Wherever possible, we strive to ensure that the information we provide is available bilingually. We now offer all our health information in both English and Welsh.
Contact the BLF Wales team
01792 455 764