IPF support service
We have a new, free service for people living with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), their family and carers.
We'll support you by giving you:
- an opportunity to speak regularly to a dedicated IPF advisor about your concerns and feelings
- information and tips on what you can do to manage your condition and maintain your quality of life
- access to other members of our helpline team to support your wider needs, such as access to financial benefits
- information about support groups and other services that could help you to manage your treatment and cope with everyday challenges
What does the IPF support service provide?
Our IPF support service runs for 6 months where you'll have phone calls with Louise, our IPF specialist advisor, and talk about topics important to you. We will also send you an information pack. We offer this support service to anyone with IPF - at any stage from when you’re diagnosed.
Please note that the support we offer is not intended to replace advice from a GP, consultant, nurse or other health care professional.
How can people join the service?
- If you’re diagnosed with IPF, you can refer yourself directly to the service.
- If you’re a health care professional, you can refer patients with IPF, if they agree.
Please fill in the form below to refer yourself or to refer someone.
Louise has worked with people with IPF for the last 10 years.
She's passionate about supporting people with IPF and wants people and their families to receive the highest quality information about their condition. Louise will be there to help you and your family understand and manage your condition. She'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have outside of your normal clinical appointments.
If you have any questions, please contact Louise at email@example.com or call 03000 030 555.
I will be in touch with you over six months and we’ll work together to create your own plan. This will cover what matters to you – the support and advice you feel you need. We’ll talk regularly about the things that you want to know, your concerns and feelings.