MRN research day
Date: Monday 17 June 2019
Location: Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE
Time: 9.30am - 5.30pm
CPD: Approved by Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 5 category 1 (external) CPD credits.
Abstract submission: 7 March – 18 April 2019
Agenda for Monday 17 June 2019
|9.00am||Coffee and registration|
|9.30am||Opening address, Dr John Moore-Gillon, MRN Steering Group Chair|
|9.40am||Session 1 - Mesothelioma, where are we now?
Chair: Mrs Anne Moylan, Portsmouth
Dr Anna Bibby, Bristol
|10.00am||Session 2 - Making preclinical models work for you
Chair: Dr Ed Hollox, Leicester
What cancer models can do for you - Dr Katie Finegan, Manchester
|11am||Coffee, posters and networking|
|11.30am||Session 3 - Keynote plenary - immunotherapy in mesothelioma
Chair: Dr Selina Tsim, Glasgow and Prof Bruce Robinson, Western Australia
Prof Arnaud Scherpereel, Lille
Session 4 - What more are we doing to understand mesothelioma?
|1.10pm||Lunch, posters and networking|
|2.10pm||Session 5 - Clinical trial update
Chair: Prof Najib Rahman, Oxford
|3.10pm||Coffee, posters and networking|
|3.30pm||Session 6 - New technologies
Chair: Mr Alan Dawson, Leicester
|4.30pm||Networking drinks reception|
Programme may be subject to change.
Thanks to the organising committee for kindly donating their time to develop the programme and oversee abstract submission.
- Mr Alan Dawson, Cardiothoracic Surgical Registrar and Clinical Research Fellow, University Hospitals of Leicester
- Dr Katherine Finegan, Lecturer in Cancer Biology and Therapy, University of Manchester
- Dr Ed Hollox, Reader in Genetics, University of Leicester
- Dr Sarah Martin, Senior Lecturer and Deputy Centre Lead, Barts Cancer Institute
- Mrs Anne Moylan, Mesothelioma Clinical Nurse Specialist, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Professor Najib Rahman, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine and Clinical Director of the Oxford Respiratory Trials Unit, University of Oxford
- Dr Selina Tsim, MacMillan Consultant in Respiratory Medicine (with an interest in mesothelioma), Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow
To submit an abstract for this event please read our abstract guidance first. You will need to submit your abstract to [email protected] by 9am Thursday 18 April 2019. Abstract submission opens 7 March 2019.
A travel bursary (up to £100 per person) is available for early career investigators who want to attend the event but will have difficulty securing funds for travel. Please email [email protected] by 11 April 2019 to get more information.
If you have any questions about the event, please get in touch with Cheryl Lenny at [email protected]