MRN research day 2021
The MRN Research Day is a unique opportunity to hear about research being conducted across the MRN and interact with MRN members. As in previous years, the Research Day is generously funded by the Victor Dahdaleh Foundation
Date: Monday 01 November 2021
Time: 9.30am - 3.45pm
CPD: RCP Accreditation will be sought
Abstract & request for collaborators submissions: Open from 22 August to 9am 20 September 2021. See our guidance and application form.
Plenary 1 – Oncolytic viruses
Perspective: living with mesothelioma
Early career abstracts: best three submitted
Plenary 2 – Proton beam therapy
Programme may be subject to change.
This event will be delivered on zoom and slido platforms. The event will be recorded and recordings of the sessions shared with MRN members via member-only channels. By registering you are agreeing to be part of an event that is recorded.
If you have any questions about the event, please get in touch with the team via [email protected]
Thanks to the organising committee for kindly donating their time to develop the programme and judge submissions to the programme.
- Professor Bill Cookson, Professor of Genomic Medicine & Head of Respiratory Sciences, Imperial College London
- Dr Pinelopi Gkogkou, Consultant in Clinical Oncology, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Sarah Haywood-Small, Senior Lecturer, Sheffield Hallam University
- Dr Cathy Henshall, Reader in Nursing, Oxford Brookes University
- Dr Astero Klampatsa, Team Leader, Institute of Cancer Research
- Dr Neelum Kumar, Consultant Respiratory Physician, University College London NHS Trust
- Dr Jason Lester, Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Singleton Hospital - Swansea Bay University Health Board