1 in 5 people in the UK will develop a lung condition at some point in their lifetime. That means 1 in 5 of us will struggle due to the difficulties of something so many of us take for granted – breathing.
Our aim is to bring hope, help and a voice to everyone affected.
We do this by funding world-class research, providing expert up-to-date health advice and support and campaigning to make lung health a priority across the UK.
The work we do
Our key objectives are to work towards a world where everyone will breathe clean air with healthy lungs. We do this by:
- Providing expert advice and support to give people with lung conditions the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to self-manage their health
- Funding world-class research to find better treatments and cures for lung diseases
- Campaigning for cleaner air and better care for people living with a lung condition
Our work covers 3 main areas
Having lung disease brings questions and anxiety about the future. We don't want anyone to face that alone. Our helpline, support groups, web community and expert information offer vital support.
We aim to prevent lung disease by campaigning for positive change in the UK's lung health. We're raising awareness about lung disease, the dangers that cause it, and how to look after your lungs.
Help us have an impact
Your generous donations make all the difference. They mean we can continue to fund world-class research, offer life-changing support and fight for change for people with lung disease.
Research can end the devastation that lung disease causes
People are at the heart of what we do. The stories of people affected by lung conditions show the huge impact your support has on the lives of real people.
Together, we’re making sure everyone living with a lung condition has the chance to enjoy longer and healthier lives.
Changes we're making
We’re committed to making the world a better place for everyone affected by a lung condition. In the past year, your support has enabled us to:
- answer over 12,000 calls, giving potentially life-changing advice and support to those in need
- fund 150,000 hours of respiratory research, taking us one step closer to a world without lung disease
- make sure the voices of people with lung conditions were heard by Government and the NHS