The battle for breath - the impact of lung disease in the UK
This is our Battle for breath report 2016.
If you are looking for our 2017 Battle for breath campaign, please follow the link below.
For the past 3 years, we've been investigating the impact of lung disease in the UK.
Our report, the battle for breath, examines the overall extent and impact of lung disease across the UK. It also takes a closer look at the impact of 15 major lung conditions.
The new report is a valuable resource for policymakers, researchers, health care providers and more.
It explains in detail our new findings, and the changes that need to be made to tackle them.
- Lung disease is one of the top three killer diseases in the UK
- 115,000 people a year die from lung disease - 1 person every 5 minutes
- Mortality figures are roughly the same as 10 years ago, yet heart disease has fallen 15%
- 1 in 5 people in the UK have been diagnosed with a lung disease
- Every day, 1,500 new people are diagnosed with a lung disease
Read more and see our 6 point action plan for change in the full report.