How do we use your information
- We use your personal information to give you the information, services, or products you ask for.
- We use your information for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies.
- We may use your information to send you communications about our work and how you can support our work. For example, information about our campaigns, volunteering and fundraising activities. You can choose not to receive these communications at any time by calling our helpline on 0300 222 5800, or writing to us at 73-75 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7ER or emailing us at email@example.com.
- We may use your information to create a profile of your interests and preferences. We do this to help us determine whether and in what ways you may be interested in helping us or getting involved in our activities, such as fundraising.
- We may combine your information with other information (for example, from public records or on social media) to help us better understand our profile of your interests.
- We may also use your personal information to add additional personal details obtained through third parties (such as wealth screening and adding telephone numbers from other sources). This will allow us to enhance our profile of your interests and preferences. You can let us know at any time if you would prefer us not to do this by calling our helpline on 0300 222 5800, or writing to us at 73-75 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7ER or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may use your personal information to investigate, and respond to, complaints and legal claims.
- We use your personal information to claim Gift Aid on your donations.
When we collect and use your personal information, we will comply with the legal basis given in data protection law.
One of these is where we have obtained your specific consent. For example this might be where we are required to ask for your consent to send you direct marketing by email or SMS, or to process special categories of sensitive data like health information.
You can let us know at any time if you would prefer us not to do this or if you wish to withdraw your consent or to change your preferences. Contacting us by calling our helpline on 0300 222 5800, or writing to us at 73-75 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7ER or emailing us at email@example.com.
Data protection law also sets out when we have a legal obligation to use or disclose information about you. For example retaining and disclosing Gift Aid declarations under the Finance Act 2010 or recording records of sales, returns and complaints under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
In some circumstances, we can also have a legitimate interest to process your personal data. We may process your personal information for our legitimate business interests. For example fraud prevention, direct marketing, modifying or improving our services or determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Learn more about what we mean by legitimate interests, and when we process your data for our legitimate interests.