Mesothelioma research network terms of membership
Please read the below terms of membership for the mesothelioma research network (MRN).
The MRN will provide opportunities for increased connection with other researchers and research support organisations worldwide. We provide a UK-based research meeting as well as a chance to access Asthma + Lung UK funding* (exclusive to researchers and healthcare professionals in the MRN).
*Non-UK based researchers may apply for funding as a co-applicant.
The administration and logistics support for the MRN will be provided by Asthma + Lung UK. If you have questions, comments or complaints, please contact Cheryl Lenny, the MRN manager, via email@example.com.
- As a researcher or clinician you join as an individual member and not on behalf of the institution you work in.
Improve outcomes for people affected by mesothelioma by bringing together researchers, driving research progress and improving the quality of research.
By joining the MRN you agree:
- To receive communications about the MRN from Asthma + Lung UK via email and phone.
- That Asthma + Lung UK may contact you about other research-related activity outside of the MRN but considered to be relevant to you as a researcher, such as funding calls, scientific/medical conferences or related initiatives.
- That Asthma + Lung UK and other MRN members may contact you, initially by email, about the information you have shared within the MRN.
- Upon joining the MRN, if applicable, to send information on your research priorities, skills, knowledge and resources to potentially share in the MRN ‘members list’.
- Information provided in the ‘members list’ may be shared with Asthma + Lung UK and MRN members (research support organisations or individuals).
- You will only share information you feel comfortable for Asthma + Lung UK and other MRN members to have access to.
- Not to disclose, outside the MRN, information you have received from within it unless you have the permission of the person who provided the information and Asthma + Lung UK.
- Information that is potentially commercially sensitive should not be discussed in the MRN or communicated through MRN channels.
- To respond to requests from Asthma + Lung UK to update your information in a timely manner.
- To notify Asthma + Lung UK if your contact information, role or institute changes.
- To notify Asthma + Lung UK if you move from the NHS (or equivalent) or an academic institution to a commercial organisation.
- To notify Asthma + Lung UK if there is a change in funding for your role from non-commercial to commercial sources.
Values and behaviours
- Embody the values of the MRN by acting in an open, fair and transparent manner.
Termination of membership
- You have the right to terminate your membership at any point by writing to the MRN manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Asthma + Lung UK reserves the right to terminate your membership if, after consultation with the senior staff, it believes there is a reputational risk to the charity of your continuing membership of the MRN.
How Asthma + Lung UK will manage your data
We agree to:
- Keep your information for up to one year after you leave the Network. After which it will be deleted.
- Make every effort to keep your data up-to-date by asking you to check what we hold periodically, but we also rely on you notifying us of any major changes (for example, changes to your contact details or if you change roles).
The data we hold on you in relation to the MRN can be seen by you at any time.