If you've just been diagnosed with COPD, our quick overview will help you find out what you can do to live well and manage your condition.
What is COPD?
COPD stands for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It’s a long-term condition. But you can do things to help yourself.
Chronic = it is long term and does not go away
Obstructive = it makes it harder for you to breathe out
Pulmonary = it affects your lungs
Disease = it is a problem to be taken seriously
Am I getting the right care?
Complete your COPD passport to check you’re getting the care you’re entitled to.
All you need to do:
1. Choose ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to statements about your care
2. At the end, you’ll get your personalised passport
3. Discuss this with your doctor or nurse
What can I do to help my COPD?
Where to get help and support
Read about people like you, living with COPD
- View, download and order our collection of COPD leaflets, booklets and other resources.
- All of our information is reviewed under the Information Standard. This information was reviewed in June 2018. The next review date is June 2021.
- If you’d like to give feedback or see our references get in touch.