How does research change lives?
We’re on a mission to make sure that one day everyone breathes clear air with healthy lungs. That’s why funding research into lung disease is such an important part of what we do.
Infections in young children
How infections can affect your children's lungs.
Children with RSV are more likely to develop bronchiolitis or pneumonia if:
- they have had bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) or another lung condition
- they have another health issue such as a heart problem
- they were premature
- they are very young - only a few weeks old
- you smoked during pregnancy
- they breathe in cigarette smoke through passive smoking