Signs of breathing problems in children
If your child is having difficulty breathing, it can be very worrying. This information tells you what signs and symptoms to look out for, what they mean, and when you should ask for help.
Different breathing and lung conditions often have similar symptoms. That’s why it’s important to see a health professional to discover what is causing your child’s breathing problems.
Find out more about signs of breathing problems in your child:
- Breathing problems to look out for
- Information on infections and possible causes of breathing problems in children
- When should I call 999 about my child’s breathing?
- Seeing a doctor about your child’s breathing
- How can I look after my child at home?