What if I start smoking again?
It’s OK to slip up. Don’t worry. You haven’t failed. It’s a small setback and it’s always worth continuing.
What if I have a cigarette?
- If you do have a cigarette, stop again immediately. Throw away the rest of the pack.
- Go for a walk, drink some water and take a deep breath.
- Ask yourself if you really want to be a smoker again.
Think about what made you slip up.
- Be positive and put it behind you.
- Remember why you wanted to quit.
- If the method you’re using isn’t working for you, try something else.
- Remind yourself you are a non-smoker.
When the time is right, spend a bit longer planning. Think what really worked for you and what made you lapse. Decide how you’re going to keep on track this time.
Remember: the next time could be the last time you ever have to try.
You can do it!