Fighting for Northern Ireland's Right to Breathe
At some point in our lives, one-in-five people will develop a lung condition. Asthma + Lung UK is the only UK-wide charity looking after the lungs of Northern Ireland and our vision is for a world where we can all breathe with healthy lungs
To improve lives, we need to do five things:
- Deliver a Clean Air Strategy and Clean Air Bill to reduce air pollution and improve lung health
- Campaign for a smoke-free Northern Ireland by the mid-2030s
- Champion a regional lung screening programme to identify undiagnosed lung conditions and get people the treatment they need
- Call for a Lung Health Strategy that will ensure the best care for all living with a lung condition.
- Support the Right to Rehab, so that everyone with a lung condition gets the rehabilitation they need.
There are simple things we can do. And you can pledge to do some of those things below.
Pledge 2: Quit it
I will campaign for a smoke-free Northern Ireland by the mid 2030s.
Pledge 3: Diagnose it
I will champion a regional lung screening programme to identify undiagnosed lung conditions and get people the treatment they need.
Pledge 5: Live better with it