Why should you Take Steps?
Take Steps is more than just a walk - it's a way to give hope to everyone affected by lung disease.
We're asking people to join us at our Take Steps walk in Dorking this June, where we're hoping to raise £15,000.
If you can't make it to Dorking, then why not put on your own sponsored walk?
Join us to Take Steps in June 2019
When: 30 June 2019
Where: Denbies Wine Estate, London Road, Dorking, RH5 6AA
Registration fee: £10 per adult (over 16), kids go free!
Be part of something amazing this June! Join us at Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking for a 10km walk. You'll get to enjoy some stunning views, while helping the millions of people in the UK with a lung condition.
Organise your own sponsored walk
When: Any time in June 2019
Where: Wherever you like
Distance: You decide!
Ask friends and family to join you at your very own Take Steps walk this summer! It’s the perfect opportunity to bring people together and make a real difference to our work!
How your fundraising could change lives
"I hope that by raising this money with my sponsored Take Steps walk, we will be just a little bit closer to finding a cure."
The money you raise will help us continue our research into treatments and cures, provide support and advice when it's needed most through our helpline, and help us campaign to improve air quality and make lung health in the UK a priority.
- £60 could pay for a helpline nurse to answer calls for three hours
- £300 could fund 10 hours of a lung disease study
- £550 could help us to train a new BLF Active Instructor to provide safe and effective exercise classes for people with a lung condition
- £5,500 could cover the costs of one of our research projects for a month, allowing us to invest in better prevention, treatment and cures for lung diseases
Whatever you raise will make a huge difference to our work.
What you'll get at Dorking Take Steps
- Personal advice and support from our friendly events team – we’ll be with you every step of the way!
- Dedicated fundraising advice to help boost your sponsorship
- Personalised BLF t-shirt
- A complimentary drink after your walk
How Take Steps gives us hope
From raising money for research to celebrating the life of a loved one - there are lots of things your Take Steps walk could mean to you.