Banana bread recipe
For the our Big Breakfast, Michelin-starred chef and Gordon Ramsay's protégée Angela Hartnett has shared with us her favourite banana bread recipe.
This is the banana bread I make at home, it’s delicious, healthy and easy to make.
Just make sure you keep a few bananas on the side to ripen a few days beforehand and you’ll have the perfect home-made banana bread to share for your Big Breakfast.
Happy baking and have fun whilst raising funds for the British Lung Foundation.
- 300g ripe bananas
- 150g white caster sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 75g spelt flour
- 50g plain white flour
- 2.5g salt
- 2.5g bicarbonate soda
- 60g ground walnuts
- 25g melted butter
- In a bowl, mash up all the ripe bananas.
- Add the sugar and eggs and mix well.
- Add the spelt flour, plain flour and salt to the mixture.
- Mix and add the melted butter.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper and add the mix
- Bake at 180°C/Gas Mark 4 for 15-30 minutes.
Feeling inspired? Hold a Big Breakfast in November. Sign up for your free fundraising pack today and tuck in.