Banana bread recipe
For the our Big Breakfast, Michelin-starred chef and Gordon Ramsay's protégée Angela Hartnett has shared with us her favourite banana bread recipe.
This is the banana bread I make at home, it’s delicious, healthy and easy to make.
Just make sure you keep a few bananas on the side to ripen a few days beforehand and you’ll have the perfect home-made banana bread to share for your Big Breakfast.
Happy baking and have fun whilst raising funds for the British Lung Foundation.
- 300g ripe bananas
- 150g white caster sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 75g spelt flour
- 50g plain white flour
- 2.5g salt
- 2.5g bicarbonate soda
- 60g ground walnuts
- 25g melted butter
- In a bowl, mash up all the ripe bananas.
- Add the sugar and eggs and mix well.
- Add the spelt flour, plain flour and salt to the mixture.
- Mix and add the melted butter.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper and add the mix
- Bake at 180°C/Gas Mark 4 for 15-30 minutes.
Feeling inspired? Hold a Big Breakfast in November. Sign up for your free fundraising pack today and tuck in.
Oatmeal with berries and manuka honey recipe
Ching-He Huang shares her healthy and filling oatmeal recipe for your Big Breakfast.
Crispy fried goose egg with black beans recipe
Mark Hix shares this unique recipe with us for your Big Breakfast.