How to organise a supermarket bag pack
Thank you so much for organising a bag pack to support our work. Just follow the simple steps below and you’ll be off raising cash before you know it!
Our step-by-step plan to bag packing success!
- Supermarkets can get booked up in advance, so contact a few - ask whether they allow bag packing and if they have dates available. Do this as early in advance as possible, as busy weekends are likely to book up quickly!
- Check the available dates with your friends/family, and confirm your preferred date with the store manager to put it in their diary
- Now, you need to form your packing team!
- Let us know! We can provide you with everything you need including collection boxes, t-shirts, banners and stickers. If the store needs proof that you’re collecting for us, we can provide you with an authorisation letter
Top tips for the day
- Arrive in plenty of time for the start of your session
- Bring your confirmation letter from the store and authorisation letter from us!
- Ask the manager if you can display the banners we sent you, to let shoppers know who you’re fundraising for
- Spread out and cover as many tills as possible
- Make sure your team take regular breaks, but ensure any money collected is never left unattended
- Be nice and polite to everyone at your till – even if they decline your kind offer to pack their shopping
- Wear your BLF t-shirts with pride and chat to shoppers about why you’re supporting us
- Thank the store staff as you leave
- For safety reasons, avoid public transport where possible when carrying large volumes of cash. If you need to catch a bus or train home, make sure you travel in pairs
- Once you’re home, get counting! Have at least two people present when counting the money you’ve raised
After your bag pack there are just a few last things to do; then you can sit back, put your feet up and give yourself a pat on the back for doing such a great job!
- Say thank you to your bag packing squad and let them know how much you all raised!
- Write to the supermarket to say thank you, and let them know your fundraising total
- Tell us how you got on and send us your donation! For more information about getting your money to us, download our funds return form