How to hold a charity ball
Here's some top tips about organising a charity ball!
- It’s often a good idea to get together a committee to help you organise the event – invite colleagues, friends and family members to get involved. Getting a few people involved in the planning will share the work and you’ll find it much easier to sell tickets.
- Consider who you want to invite and make sure you choose a venue that will attract your target audience and will be big enough to fit everyone in!
- When finding a venue make sure you always ask for a charity discount
- Create a budget. This is crucial to make sure you cover all costs (even the unexpected ones!) and raise much needed funds to support our work
- Decide on a ticket price – ensure the sale of your tickets will cover all of your costs
- Consider a theme and the type of entertainment
It's time to promote your event!
- Set up a Facebook event and ask your friends and family to share the event with their networks too
- Ask each member of the committee to try and sell a table of tickets– you could even offer a prize to whoever sells the most tickets!
- Contact your local newspaper or radio station to ask if they can cover your event
- Make sure you let your business contacts know about your event too – the more people who know about the event the better!
- Don't forget to take a look at our fundraising goodies to help you promote your event!
Feeling inspired to set up your own charity ball?
Phew, the hard work is over! Thank you so much for all of your incredible support – we’re so grateful for every penny you raise, it really will make a huge difference to our work.
Don’t forget to tell us how you got on and pay in your fundraising! We'd also love to see any photos from the day!
How to organise a raffle
"And the winner is..." We have some tips on how to organise a tip-top raffle, and keep everything legal.
How to hold a quiz night
Charity quiz expert Alan shares his top tips for holding a quiz of your own.