NiQuitin partnership with BLF
We’re delighted that nicotine replacement therapy brand, NiQuitin*, have joined forces with the British Lung Foundation to improve lung health in the UK, with a partnership over the next year.
About the partnership
From December 2020, NiQuitin will be supporting our work to make sure that beyond stopping smoking, people are empowered to take the next step to improve their lung health.
Air pollution can cause new lung conditions, worsen existing ones and stunt the growth of children’s lungs. Every year, it has been linked to up to 36,000 early deaths in the UK. Yet in towns and cities across the UK it is at extremely harmful levels.
We know that while air pollution is harmful to everyone, it is often the most vulnerable populations, including people with existing lung conditions, whose health is most affected by poor air quality. You can find out more about our work with NiQuitin to improve air quality in our recent blog post.
Together with NiQuitin, we’ll be aiming to:
- Provide better information and data on air pollution
- Empower individuals to take action to campaign to protect vulnerable people from the harmful effects of dirty air in the UK
- Encourage people to take up forms of active transport including physical activity in order to improve their lung health
NiQuitin is proud to be teaming up with the BLF on this vital air quality work, moving us closer to a future where everyone can breathe easier with clean air for healthy lungs. This goes one step beyond our current ambition of helping people quit smoking and improve their lung health.”
Laure de Brauer, NiQuitin
- Visit our new clean air campaigns hub and sign our petition to call on the government to improve air quality laws in the UK
- Sign up to our flagship walking event, Take Steps, and pledge to get more active to improve your lung health. Registrations will open in May but you can register your interest now.
- Sign up to our supporter mailing list to find out more about the great work we are doing.
*NiQuitin products contain nicotine. Stop smoking aids. Requires willpower. Always read the leaflet.