Join our Readers Panel
Help us create high-quality health information for people affected by lung conditions.
On this page:
- Can you help us improve our health information?
- What’s involved?
- What you’ll gain from being on our Readers Panel
- Join us!
Can you help us improve our health information?
We’re looking for people with personal experience of lung conditions to join our Readers Panel. You might live with a lung condition yourself, or care for a family member or friend with a lung condition.
By sharing your experiences and insights, you’ll help us to produce clear and relevant health information for people affected by lung conditions.
You need to be aged 18 or over and live in the UK.
Being part of our Readers Panel involves:
- Reading and reviewing our health information as it’s being developed or updated – usually no more than once a month.
- Sending us your feedback by email.
- Taking part in virtual workshops and focus groups.
We’ll send you health information on a range of topics and lung conditions. It may not always be something you’re directly affected by, but we’re still interested in any thoughts you may have.
You’ll review the information from home and return your comments to us by an agreed date. Don’t worry if there are times when you’re unable to help. We then look at all the feedback from the Readers Panel and make changes to our information to improve it.
What you’ll gain and how we support you in your volunteering role:
- You’ll gain reviewing and editorial skills.
- You can pass on your knowledge to help others affected by a lung condition.
- You’ll be part of a national charity focused on improving the lives of people living with a lung condition.
- We’ll provide you with guidelines on how to review the content when you first start.
- We’ll check in with you regularly to see how you’re getting on with the role.
- You’ll receive email newsletters so you can see how you’ve helped.
Interested? Apply to volunteer on the Readers Panel today!