How we spend your money
We can only do what we do because of your donations. Here's a transparent account of how we spend your money.
Your support makes a big difference in improving the lives of people with lung conditions and will stop lung disease having the same impact on future generations. For every £1 we receive, 73p went directly to looking after the nation’s lung health and we invested 27p to generate the charity’s income.
What you gave and the difference it made
In the past year, you again gave over £6 million. Thank you!
Hope: investing in life-changing research
- £1.8 million invested in research for 16 new projects
- Our mesothelioma research network grew to 140 members
- A new test for chest infections
Help: supporting people with lung conditions
- 600 people helped by our Keep Active, Keep Well project
- 22,000 calls answered by our friendly helpline
- Our health information was viewed over 7.5 million times
A voice: funding policy, campaigns and preventions
- The Taskforce gets support for its 5-year plan for lung health
- Lung health a priority for the NHS for the first time following Taskforce report
- Our campaign for clean air finds toxic air at the door of the NHS
What you gave us
This year, you again gave us over £6 million!
- Most of our income, £3.37m, came from donations
- About a third of our income, £2.74m, came from supporters who left us a legacy in their will
- Charitable trusts donated over £1 million to fund our research, including a generous donation of £761,000 from the Victor Dahdaleh Charitable Foundation
- Grant-giving bodies gave £790,000 to support our projects to help people living with lung conditions, including £245,000 for our integrated support groups and £120,000 from the National Lottery Community Fund for Wales for a COPD self-management programme and singing groups in Wales. Read about the incredible support we received from trusts and foundations in 2018-19.
All these figures are from our 2018-19 financial year and we’ll update them every year.