Why you'll love working with the British Lung Foundation
There are lots of reasons why you'll love working with the British Lung Foundation.
If you'd like to join us, have a look at our most recent job listings. We recognise the value of a diverse workforce and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. We're also proud to be a top 100 company to work for.
Why you’re going to love working here
- You’ll play a key role: we’re an ambitious organisation and you have the chance to make a real impact on our growth and development.
- You can enjoy a range of competitive benefits: including our cycle-to-work scheme, interest-free annual season travelcard loan, generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme and much more.
- You’ll be heard: a number of our staff policies have been directly influenced by feedback from our employee surveys. We’ll also listen to your views and your development needs.
- You can gain first-hand insight to the difference we make: all staff members are encouraged to meet regularly with our Breathe Easy support groups.
- You’ll be part of a team: we’re a proud, motivated and committed team that works to make sure everyone is valued and treated with respect. In our 2015 staff survey, a whopping 98% of our team said they felt valued by their colleagues.
We're a top 100 company to work for
In February 2017, we were listed in the prestigious The Sunday Times' 100 Best Not for Profit organisations to work for. It was our first time submitting an entry for consideration and we were delighted to find out that we recieved 35th place! Have a look at our company profile.
The best companies survey judges organisations based on company life, which reveals how employees really feel about where they work. This includes looking at their working conditions, company values, how staff feel about their managers, and how valued and important they feel themselves.
Coming in 35th place is an amazing testament to all the hard work of our employees in ensuring this is a great place to work.
“The Sunday Times has placed us as number 35 in the 100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work 2017. This is an amazing achievement and I’m delighted that the British Lung Foundation has been recognised in this way. I am very proud of the team and the hard, but fun work we have all done to get us here. It’s purely down to a vibrant team, whose talent, energy, dedication and passion makes this a truly remarkable place to work." Dr Penny Woods, our chief executive