Our team in Scotland and Wales
We have a specialist team in Scotland and Wales working for everyone across the nations affected by a lung condition.
Scotland and Wales have some of the best respiratory medics anywhere in the world, and often lead the way in public health initiatives like the ban on smoking in public places.
But their industrial history and continued high levels of smoking mean that they have some of the highest rates of lung disease anywhere in the world - that’s where we come in.
What we do in Scotland and Wales
- We support people who have lung disease, their families and carers
- We raise awareness of lung disease at a local and national level
- We campaign to make lung disease a national priority
- We work with other organisations, such as voluntary groups, the NHS, Scottish Parliament and the National Assembly for Wales to improve services across the nations
Our impact in Scotland and Wales
We've achieved so much for better lung health in recent years
- Smoking bans in public places protecting kids from second-hand smoke
- Better oxygen services letting people who need oxygen get it more easily
- Greater provision of pulmonary rehabilitation
- New treatments and a greater focus on interstitial lung diseases like idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)
- Involved with the development the Respiratory Health Delivery Plan in Wales
- Working in close partnership with key stakeholders to set up a Taskforce for Lung Health in Scotland
- Setting up a self-management programme for people with mild COPD in Wales
- Expanding out singing for lung health groups across the nations
Joseph Carter is the Head of Devolved Nations.
"Lung conditions affect so many people and yet are so poorly understood and diagnosed. The British Lung Foundation work with professionals, civil servants and politicians to ensure that people affected by lung conditions and their families get the support they need."
Get in touch
You can get in touch with our Scotland office by calling 0141 248 0050
Writing to British Lung Foundation, Suite 103-104, Baltic Chambers, 50 Wellington Street, Glasgow, G2 6HJ
You can get in touch with our Wales office by calling 03000 030 555
Writing to British Lung Foundation, Regus House, Falcon Drive, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, CF10 4RU
Gwybodaeth yng Nghymraeg / Welsh language health information
Lawrlwythwch ein gwybodaeth iechyd yr ysgyfaint yng Nghymraeg.