Our team of experts is working tirelessly to provide health advice about coronavirus. Record numbers of people now need our support. Our help and advice are only possible thanks to donations from people like you.
If you can, please donate now.
Breathing and lung function tests
Lots of tests can be done to investigate breathing problems. This information will tell you what to expect.
- How can I prepare for a breathing or lung function test?
- Tests for breathing
- Tests for oxygen levels
- What is exercise capacity? How is it measured?
- Tests to measure breathing during sleep
- How do health care professionals measure the sensitivity of the airways?
- Which scans are used to take a picture of the lungs?
- Which tests are used to look inside the lungs?
We also have information about what each test involves.
We’re grateful to the Association for Respiratory Technology and Physiology for its help in creating this information.
Find support in your area
Speak to our helpline
Call 03000 030 555