Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) can affect babies born prematurely, whose lungs have not developed fully in the womb. It’s sometimes called chronic lung disease of prematurity or chronic neonatal lung disease.
- What is BPD?
- How does it affect babies and children?
- What causes BPD?
- How is it diagnosed?
- Can BPD be prevented?
- What are the treatments for BPD?
- What else can I do to help my child with BPD?
- Will my child need to go to hospital?
- What complications are associated with BPD?