If you’re a parent it can be tricky to know what to do when your baby or child starts coughing and their nose starts running. This information is for you!
There are lots of infections and conditions that can affect your child’s breathing and their lungs. Here you can read about your child's lungs, the different lung conditions which affect children, and read the stories of people like you.
- Asthma in children
- Bleeding into children's lungs
- Bronchiectasis in children
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
- Children’s interstitial lung disease (chILD)
- Congenital lung abnormalities
- Cystic fibrosis
- Eosinophillic lung conditions
- How children’s lungs grow
- Lung tumours in children
- OSA in children
- Pectus carinatum (pigeon chest)
- Pectus excavatum (funnel chest)
- Pneumonia in children
- Pneumothorax in children
- Primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD) in children
- Pulmonary hypertension in children
- Pulmonary vasculitis
- Risks to your child’s lungs
- Sarcoidosis in children
- Signs of breathing problems in children
- Tuberculosis in children
- When your child is diagnosed with a lung condition
Josie was the happiest and chirpiest of all of us
David’s niece, Josie, really was one in a million - she had a rare children’s lung disease.
Growing up with PCD
After being insistent with the doctor, Fiona discovered both her children have primary ciliary dyskinesia.