The review date for these videos was December 2020. We are working to get them updated as soon as possible, but in the meantime the videos are clinically sound and still safe to be used.
Exercising safely: exercise video
This video explains how you can exercise safely.
This film lasts 2:23 minutes and gives tips on how to exercise safely.
Our top tips
- Always carry your reliever inhaler and use it before exercising if you need to
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Wear supportive, non-slip shoes
- Have enough space around you
- Wait an hour after a meal before you start exercising
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day and take small sips while exercising
All of our information is reviewed under the Information Standard. This information was reviewed in December 2017. The next review date is December 2020.
We’ve developed this information in partnership with, and with funding from, Boehringer Ingelheim.