When your child is diagnosed with a lung condition
Making your home lung friendly for your child
It can help to know what else you can do right now to help make your child’s home as lung and breathing friendly as possible.
- Wash everyone’s hands and keep everything your child has contact with clean including toys. This can reduce the risk of infection.
- Try to avoid people who have signs of infection.
- Never smoke or allow anyone else to smoke in your house or near your child.
- Make sure your house doesn’t have damp or mould.
- Keep your home well aired and at a temperature between 18 - 21°C.
- Avoid using cleaning chemicals and sprays that might irritate breathing.
Our information about risks to lung health has more information about risks and prevention.