Causes of poor indoor air quality
The quality of the air we breathe indoors is affected by things such as:
- how buildings are ventilated
- room temperature
- damp and condensation
- how we heat and cook in our homes
- tobacco smoke
- the presence of things that we’re allergic to, such as dust mites or pets
- chemicals we use when we clean or decorate
- building materials used
- pollution that has come indoors from outside
Usually the best thing to do is to remove the source of the problem and keep your home well-aired.
If you want to have the air quality in your home or any other building tested, there are companies which offer this service.